Many companies struggle with managing a wide range of disparate, disjointed systems. It prevents them ever getting a holistic view of their IT and limits their options. In this MVA training course, we introduce the concept of joined-up, or ‘integrated’, systems management and show how it can help address many of the issues IT professionals and developers face today.
In this introductory session we've co-created with analysts at Freeform Dynamics, you’ll learn:
- Why today’s companies are spending too much time and money trying to manage their systems
- How this is limiting their ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- The three core approaches currently in use
- Why it’s just as important to change attitudes as it is to change systems
- What moving to a service-centric approach means and what it offers the business
- How System Center 2012 can offer the critical systems management capabilities today’s companies need
This track consists of three main parts, and will take you approximately one hour to complete.