This is where you get started. Enroll here and learn all about the Microsoft Virtual Academy. Become familiar with the available tracks and the most recent activities in the MVA such as new students, memberships, tests passed, and much more.
Once you have registered at the MVA, the Dashboard will be your default page after you logged in. Here you will be able to access everything related to your progress in the MVA; you will be able to view the points you have accumulated through your membership in the following order of hierarchy: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. This membership automatically positions you in the world ranking of students and in the ranking in your own country. The progress bar will give you a graphical idea of what you are still missing to reach the next membership level. Additionally, you will find the information what topic you are currently studying and on what course you have already completed, together with a summary of the exams and contents still pending and the exams you have passed already.
This section will show you the contents youre registered for and those that are in progress. The tracks you have not yet completed appear here so that you can access them quickly. If you are not registered with any or have fully completed what you started out with, you can go directly to the Search window to look up a new track.
This section will show you the contents you have fully completed, together with the number of points you accumulated at the end. These points will be reflected in the total number of points of your progress in the academy.
On the right rail you will find the following information:
- Top 3 students Get to know the users who are leading the list with their achievements. You can also access the complete list.
- News Here you will see the latest news from the Microsoft world.
- Top Promotions Easily find the latest promotions available in the MVA and at Microsoft that you might benefit from.
- Top Events Find details about upcoming and relevant Technical Microsoft events in which you might like to participate.
- Edit your profile You can go directly to your MVA profile and edit the data you have stored on the platform. Remember that this data is hosted in the cloud and is completely confidential. You can opt in to make the data visible to the community.
Your MVA profile allows you to move through the personal data you entered when you registered for the Microsoft Virtual Academy. You can modify it whenever you wish and also add additional details. Your Profile is your page on the MVA and it contains everything MVA will know about you. This information is stored in the cloud and is completely confidential.
You can modify the following data:
* Email - You will not be able to modify your email address as this is your enrollment ID on the platform. (Your Windows Live ID)
- Your personal data You can modify First Name and Last Name
- Profile Description You can add a description of your own profile using a maximum of 500 characters.
- My Status in MVA You can include additional information such as:
- Links Here you can add URLs that you own or that are important to you such as websites, blogs, social networks, etc. You can add all you want, there are no limits, and you will have the possibility of modifying them later if you wish. Simply assign a name and a link in the respective fields.
- Certifications Here you can add the certifications you have obtained through your additional studies with Microsoft. You can include all your certifications, there is no limit, and you will be given a chance to modify them later if you so wish. Simple type in the name of the certification in the first field and the corresponding code in the following field.
- My Tags This is one of the most important sections in your profile. Here you will be able to filter what kind of content you want the MVA to display to you. You will find keywords for all the Microsoft products, technologies or solutions that are related to available content on the platform. It is very important that you choose the tags you are interested in very carefully, as MVA will create personalized filters of all the contents for maximum results with your searches and offers of contents. Simply select one or several tags you wish to keep open on your profile, and the platform will associate them to you.
If you wish you can choose to make your whole profile or only parts of it public and available to the academy community. Alternatively, you can hide your personal details from the community. Everything is completely under your control.
When you have finished making your changes, simply click on Save and everything will be saved in the cloud.
In the Search window youll be able to find anything related to MVA. This is where you can explore all the content available in the MVA using keywords.
Search by Track
Note: The first thing you should know is that these searches are personalized with the Tags you stored in My Profile such as the products or technologies you are interested in. To view your registered Tags or to modify the ones available in MVA for your profile, go to the section My Profile in this guide.
In order to search for a track in MVA, click into the field of the search bar. Then type in the key word you want, which can be a product or a technology. For example, if you type in Cloud Academy in the filter, your search will be associated with this phrase and the results will show the track related to the cloud.
Filtering a search You can create several filters in your search to better organize your results. Among these are:
- Office 365
- Private Cloud
- Public Cloud
- SQL Azure